Sunday 22 March 2015

 After the group feedback I came to realise that part of the brief was not being addressed. My client has a desire for 'clean space'. She would like everything to have a place, and that place to be out of sight. After looking at some precedent examples I found drawers which retreat into the walls to be the best solution. This was the room can remain a grid, with drawers in each wall. To maximise storage space I have begun to research how I could use drawers in the floor. In the sketches above are drawers which lock into place when fully extended. These could be pulled up vertically, lock into place while the client places objects inside. They are then pulled to release the lock and drop back down into the floor.
As the walls are 4 meters high, the tops drawers cannot be reached without aid. I didn't want to add stairs or anything else that would have to remain exposed. Instead the bottom row of drawers in the wall will be solid, serving as a pull out stair making it easy for my client to reach the drawers above 

No comments:

Post a Comment